Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Friday!!


Well, I made it to Friday, which always seems difficult after a holiday weekend. I started the day with an early morning run around Queen Anne - I am just loving the different running routes I've discovered (errr...gotten lost on) since moving up here. Each route most definitely includes a little hill action of some sort, my calves are thanking me for that right now! This morning I was surprised by all of the other runners out n' about, and I think they were also surprised by my "morning" greeting. If you're running by me, you will get a "hello" or "hey" or some type of acknowledgement...the MN nice is in my blood folks.

After some ab work/stretching, I ate the largest bowl of cereal ever. All week I've been diverging from the 'cereal for breakfast' tradition and trying to incorporate some additional protein to start the day - english muffin with PB and a nanner. Don't get me wrong, I'm still snacking on cereal at night. I eat way too much cereal, favorites include: Peanut Butter Puffins, Life (cinnamon), Kashi Go Lean (looks like gerbil food), and Honey Bunches of Oats.

After refueling my body, I got ready to "WFH" (work from home) for the day. Thus far, Friday has been perfect (outside of the giant spider I had to kill this morning - where do they come from!) I'm still figuring out what I want to do with my weekend, and love that the possibilities are endless. I do know for certain that I'm going to pick up new running shoes at Road Runners in Green Lake. I'm switching to a new shoe - eek - as my old shoe has been discontinued. I've ran through four pairs of Asics Gel Cumulus 10s and will be moving on to the Gel Cumulus11s. I plan to give them a test run around Green Lake as well! Wish me luck...

*Not sure where this photo was taken, but would love to be able to run here.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fine day. I love all the cereals listed above. Currently i am mixing the kashi go lean with cheerios with an occasional banana mixed in. Sometimes its nice to eat something different. For example yesterday I ate an omelette with turkey, tomatoes, and spinach...YUM! I need new running shoes too. Mine are over a year old. Let me know how you like the gel cumulus 11's. I love Asics.

    ReplyDelete