Monday, April 13, 2009

Here comes Peter Cottontail...


Yesterday while taking a somewhat "relaxed" approach to celebrating Easter (meaning, I boiled some eggs and made egg salad sandwiches,) I started to really miss the celebrations of Easter past when my sistter and I were younger. I remember being so excited for Easter morning, almost too antsy to sleep. I wanted to be the first one to find where my Easter basket was hiding. There were only several hiding locations throughout the house (behind the couch, by the piano, behind the counter downstairs...) When I finally found a basket, I'd immediately know if it was for Ashley or me because mine would always have the "older and cooler" gift inside, whether it be lipsmackers or a babysitter's club book. Sometimes if I came upon Ashley's basket and she had something that I really wanted, I'd make a quick switch before she discovered what was originally hers.

So while missing my family yesterday (and an Easter basket) I boiled some eggs, thought two seconds about coloring them for fun, and then made egg salad sandwiches for dinner. I'm vowing to appropriately celebrate Easter next year - might even make a church appearance.

2 comments:

  1. Linz, I love this story! Isn't it funny how we can so distinctly remember the best hiding places in our homes. At our house the baskets could usually be found in the dryer or under one of the bathroom sinks :)

    When you sent Teddy his adorable Easter gift it reminded me of the fact that your family always did celebrate Easter a little more than mine...by celebrate I mean you got bigger and better gifts! I was always jealous when I heard about you getting a new outfit, were as my best gift was the giant, chocolate, hollow bunny that I saved to eat last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is so adorable of you and your sister. It reminds me of me and my sister! My mom would always try to dress us in cute dresses too! I remember being disappointed one year because my basket was hidden in the dryer two years in a row! I also remember finding my sister's basket and wishing that we could swap presents. Our big gift was usually a stuffed animal. I still love me some cadberry caramel filled eggs mmmm....

    ReplyDelete