Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A little piece of my heart...


I've been home in Big Lake for almost six days, and while coming home always conjures up a mixture of emotions, I now feel like everything is so much clearer to me. Things I was doubting now feel solid and strong. Like whether I really still loved running. Now after five days of "running the lakes" (and one day twice around, yay), my legs feel stronger and I'm still so thankful for the ability to get out and hit the pavement whenever I want to. I also found out the greater importance of family and friends. From tears my mom and I cried after watching "August Rush" for the first time, or Kat trekking up to BL for a quick trip to Target and a swing in to the high school to see Senor Soderberg . I've been shaped by these experiences, old and new. I cherish every moment here at home. While I might not ever again call MN my personal residence, the state will always hold a piece of my heart...
*My mom hiking up in Duluth over Christmas, by far one of the coldest vacations I've taken.

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you switched to blogger! Yay now I can comment :) I feel the same way about MN. It is where we grew up, where we met our best friends, and where our hearts will always stay. I watched August Rush last weekend too! It is a great story.

    ReplyDelete